Sunday, January 09, 2011

i've missed you.

I miss writing on this piece of the world wide web. I really do. It's just that I haven't been able to form any real thoughts lately. So, I give to you a random list of thoughts. No need to thank me.
  • I went to a fireside tonight that I really enjoyed. It wasn't one of those times when it was exactly what I needed to hear (you know how people always tell those stories?) but it was something I needed to hear. And it made me think about some things.
  • I watched 3.5 seasons of Felicity in less than two weeks. It was the best and worst decision I made over the break. And Ben is a dreamboat. And Noel is now on Grey's Anatomy. The end.
  • Speaking of TV, we got rid of cable a couple months ago. Me. Without cable. And there have only been a couple times when I wished I could just go downstairs, turn my brain off and find something to watch on the TiVo.
  • Not only am I not watching TV on the actual TV, but I'm only watching two shows online. TWO SHOWS.
  • Music players that launch automatically on blogs are totally unnecessary.
  • I've been avoiding reading because books suck me in and take over my life. I most recently fell victim to the Hunger Games series and read all three books over the course of six days even though they weren't awesome. Finding a balance is hard.
  • Since I'm confessing things I'm avoiding, I've also been avoiding writing 18 thank you notes for work. 
  • I taught RS today and it's possible that I told the class that I had to make it an actual goal in 2010 to not go to concerts on Sunday. You know, because it was something I was doing enough that it required a goal to stop. I'd like to think it wasn't one of those awkward moments when someone gets up and starts confessing inappropriate things to the congregation, but there is no guarantee.
  • On Friday I had to be to work by 8:00am. I joked with my boss and co-worker that "I'm pretty sure I can handle it for one day". And sure enough, I woke up at 7:37 in a panic having slept through two alarms. It's not the recommended way to start the day.
  • Have you seen my motivation? Because I sure can't find it. It's a problem.
  • You know how sometimes you're just sitting there and an emotion just dumps on you out of nowhere? That happened to me today when I realized just how much I was missing a particular friendship.
  • A couple weeks ago I did a little temperature test of the upstairs bedrooms. CC's room was 71.8 degrees, mine was 64.6. They're five feet apart.
  • I got a package from my mom this week and inside was an afghan she had made. I love it.
  • I asked for a guitar stand for Christmas because I thought if I actually had my guitar out I would play it more. So far that was a false assumption. I have yet to pick it up.
  • However, I think I want to take guitar lessons. And maybe voice lessons. Is that totally crazy?  I know, it is.
  • Today marked the return of the Sunday nap into my life. And it was good. 
  • A few weeks ago a guy stopped me on the street as I was walking to the bus and said, "Excuse me. You have a beautiful smile." And he didn't even seem crazy.
  • A co-worker recently told me that "your attention to detail is noted". I can't decide if he thinks it's a positive or negative thing.
  • There are two Stephanie's on my team now and we keep getting called "The Stephanie's". I kind of hate it. But what should I have them call me instead?
  • Nat comes to Seattle so soon! It's going to be a good weekend.

2 comments:

Annie said...

I have missed your lists!

NatAttack said...

I love this Brain Dump(TM) and the name "The Stephanie's", and too am SO EXCITED for this weekend. Hurry up stupid week.