Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Boys Are [Back] in Town

I love Seattle summer nights.
I love them even more when they are spent at the ballpark.
(Am I legit enough to use the term "ballpark"?)
I love them EVEN MORE when they are spent at the ballpark with awesome people.

M & D are in town from Chicago. 
I met them on my first Cayamo cruise. We had tickets seated next to each other for our nightly headlining show. It was in the cards for us to meet each other. They were a highlight of the trip.

Meet M.

Meet D.

We reconnected last year on my second Cayamo cruise. Again, they were a highlight of the trip. (Mexi-faux, anyone?)

So of course I was thrilled when I heard they would be in Seattle for a visit. If you spent even five minutes with them you would be laughing. Some of my favorite moments of the night:

D: "It's really annoying when you post pictures on Facebook because your friends are so good looking. Mormon boys are hot!"

M and I explaining the difference between a Mr. Misty and a Misty Freeze. We're from the mid-west and our love for Dairy Queen runs deep.

Me: "I'm being forced to sing karaoke with my co-workers tomorrow."
D: "I know that I'm here so we can just talk about it, but I'm really looking forward to those FB status updates."

Me: I want to steal that baby. It's just so cute.
M: I wanted to order a baby in Target the other day.

Random Girl: "Free passes to Dream Girls!"
D: Really, I think we're good.

Their White Sox lost, but I'd still call the evening a success.
I'm looking forward to the next four days!

No comments: