Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sweet Caroline

There are just so many things I could say about today.
  • It was the day of our summer company party and I wasn't allowed to sit at my desk or turn on my computer. Apparently I'm addicted to my email because not checking it was very hard.
  • We had the presentation portion of the party at the Showbox at the market.
  • There was Plinko involved.
  • There was an actor with a very bad wig that hosted Plinko.
  • We talked about a lot of the work being done out of our office, including the strategy around distribution for this piece of content. Kind of awesome.


  • Walking through the office the other day, I saw a cardboard cut-out of Edward Cullen. I thought it was weird, but wasn't totally surprised. Today during a presentation they showed a close-up of it and not only is it a life size Edward Cullen, but he has a conversation bubble taped to his face that says, "Bella is a b!@*h, Joanna. You're the one I love." Obviously, I found this hilarious.
  • During one of the presentations there was also a picture of Justin Beiber (it worked somehow), which reminded me of another favorite M&D story from last night.
       M: Why are they selling Justin Beiber t-shirts right now? Is he from Vancouver or something?
       D: He doesn't have to be from Vancouver. The whole country has Beiber Fever.
  • After our gathering with the entire Seattle office, we broke off into departments for the rest of the afternoon. My department chose to go to bar in Queen Anne. TO SING KARAOKE.
  • Karaoke was mandatory. Of course my first time singing karaoke would be in front of all my co-workers. Of course.
  • Sometimes you wish you were drunk. This was one of those times. 
  • Sweet Caroline, in case you were wondering.
  • I had to turn around and shake my butt during the ba-ba-ba's. Choreography was part of the judging criteria. Oh, didn't I mention there was judging? There was.
  • We came in 2nd place (out of 8).
That was only Thursday. I'm a little nervous of what Friday will bring.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

i love picturing you singing karaoke and i love the new look of your blog!