Thursday, April 08, 2010

Two Things. Unrelated. Unnecessary.

CW: The only thing I miss about having a real keyboard are the numbers on the side.
Me: You know, I always appreciate a good 10-key.
CW: If I had a nickle for every time I heard that....
__________________________

In other news, Chase blew my mind last night. Yes, the bank.

You see, I had these here checks and I figured that, after two months, my mom would really appreciate it if I actually cashed one of them and there was a Chase near The Glass Castle were I had dinner, so I seized the opportunity. I do some opportunity seizing sometimes.

I filled out the deposit slip in the car, signed the checks and went to the ATM. But when it came time to deposit them there were no envelopes. I mean, I thought I knew how to deposit checks, but when the confusion set in I realized I had no idea what was going on. If there is anything I learned from elementary school it was to always read the instructions (I'm looking at you, Lyman) so I read the screen.

No desposit slips!
No envelopes!
No [insert one other thing I can't remember]!

With hesitation I stacked the checks and inserted them into the machine sans envelope and deposit slip. To my amazement, mere seconds later, it told me how many checks I had desposited and what the total was!

Mind. Blown.

I walked back to the car with my mouth hanging open in amazement. When I explained this new process to The New Kid she already knew all about it. I guess I'm a little slow.

But we already knew that.

2 comments:

Lindsay Jane said...

Instructions? I don't think so.

Julie said...

"these here checks"? LOL