Monday, April 05, 2010

Heavenly Day

Last week I went to see Patty Griffin at The Moore. I had seen Patty before, on the boat last year and also last summer at the zoo, so I thought I knew what to expect, but this show exceeded my expectations.

Maybe I was just in the right mood. Maybe my mind was blown by her leather leg warmers. Maybe it was her dreamboat piano man. Who really knows? It was all just delightful.

CC got us perfect seats (row B, center) and even with that perfect set-up, this was the only photo I got the whole night.
Yes, I wasted my only photo on curtain and ceiling before the show even started. Apparently magic phones don't have magic batteries that never die.

And as it turns out, we're not the only PG fans. After Buddy Miller finished his opening set and the lights came on, LJL leaned over and said, "That's Brandi." Sure enough, I looked over to see Brandi Carlile sneaking out the side door of the theater. We thought she was trying to remain inconspicuous, but then right before Patty came on she climbed over the entire front row to get to her seats. (Seats that were not as great as ours, btw.) It was kind of interesting to see someone I've seen on stage so many times sitting in the audience, enjoying a show, same as me.

I'll leave you with a little Patty. You're welcome.

*Note: This is an old video. Piano man here is not equal to dreamboat piano man from last week. Although, wouldn't it be funny if that was who I was referring to?

No comments: