Monday, April 26, 2010

All I've Got

+It feels like it's time to make a list. One of my favorite things in life. Lists and exaggerations.
+FHE comes in all shapes and sizes. Tonight in came in the shape of dinner with my roommate and her brother. 147% better than the alternative.
+The Ant Man came at 7am today. I was awake and showered, but not dressed. You can only ask so much of me.
+I got a reminder phone call that I have a dentist appointment tomorrow at 7:30am. Totally forgot. Why would I do that to myself? And two days in a row?
+I've been trying to decide on my favorite photo from the SLC weekend and realized that 90% of my photos are of my nephew. It could not be helped.
+This photo might be a runner-up. Oh, DM...
+Today I was a few mintues late to a meeting and ended up having to sit on the floor for an hour. I realized that nothing smells pleasant from that location.
+On Saturday afternoon I watched two hours of Little People, Big World. I had real things to do, but I just couldn't stop watching.
+I tried Zumba for the first time last week. I felt pretty awkward and totally uncoordinated, but I think I'll go back.
+In related news, my magic phone thinks that I'm trying to spell Zimbabwe every time I type Zumba. You'd be surprised at how often I've typed that word. And how often I haven't noticed that it changed it to Zimbabwe before sending.
+I can't remember what we were discussing in this photo, but I'd like to think it was something like this:
Me: Don't try anything with that syrup.
Em: Try and stop me.

+My sister enrolled me in a photography class for my birthday - my half birthday, really - and I'm definitely enjoying it. Super basic stuff, but really good to learn more about my camera. The problem is that I can't seem to bring myself to do the assignment prior to the last possible moment. I'm a master procrastinator.
+I should never go back to school. See reason above.
+When I was in SLC I ran a 5k with my brother and sister. We're using the word "ran" loosely here.
+My roommates switched rooms on Saturday. Lindsay and I shoved a mattress up our very steep, narrow stairway. It was an adventure. And one I don't wish to relive any time soon.
+The Challenge: Fresh Meat II update: I don't hate Kenny.
+My company is not renewing my bus pass in June, which means I have to start paying to ride the bus, which means I'm a little sad about it.
+Speaking of the bus, the number of days I have to run for the bus has increased substantially since I moved.
+My house has flowers and plants everywhere and I love it. Spring!
+Today is my Mom's birthday!
+I felt very overwhelmed today with everything I'm being asked to do. But it wasn't a constant feeling; it was coming and going. As I thought about this, I was reminded of Greg Laswell's song Comes and Goes (In Waves).  Greg on May 8th at the Tractor, anyone?

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Zumba, zumba, zumba...the only kind of exercise (for exercise' sake) that I actually enjoy. But definitely awkward the first time. I couldn't stop laughing. Sometimes I still can't.

Annie said...

I am going to try zumba too...i love your lists!

Kitty said...

I've missed you.

Kitty said...

Took me a few to get the DM - stupid I know, but I thought for a minute that you were swearing. Ha Ha

NatAttack said...

Ahhhhhhh! You and Lindz both look so PRETTY in that D-Mark photo. Seriously! So gorgeous.

And YAY for Zumba. Glad you sort-of enjoyed it. You'll get the swing of things. And last night after reading this post the first time, my phone tried to change Zumba to Zimbabwe AND I DIED. So good.

stephanielynn said...

Mom, that's awesome! No, not swearing - just abbreviating.