Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Derailed

Scene: Afternoon team meeting

CW: Alright, I guess we should start. And Stephanie, so glad you could join us.
Me: Oh. Sure. I’m happy to be here…I guess?
CW: Well, I saw that you declined this meeting so I'm glad you could make it.
Me: Actually, I declined the previous meeting request that was on my calendar for 3am. When the meeting reminder went off on my phone in the middle of the night last night I thought it would be a good idea to decline. I mean, I like you guys, but a Team Integration at 3am is pretty much the makings of my worst nightmare.

The meeting went downhill from there, which pretty much sums up my day as a whole.

6 comments:

Annie said...

Doesn't sound good...i did't have a great day today too. Let's hope for a better tomorrow!!!

stephanielynn said...

It was actually a funny moment. Reading it back it doesn't sound funny at all. I guess it was a classic "I guess you had to be there" moment.

stephanielynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
stephanielynn said...

And sorry about your bad day!

Kitty said...

Sorry, Steph.

Annie said...

I could tell that it might have been funny, as I was reading what you said with your voice in my head!