Monday, February 05, 2007

Should Still Be Scared

The entire company moved cubicles/offices last Friday (which could be a post all on its own) and, putting aside the fact that I had to move back to my old neck of the woods, I thought I scored a pretty good cube. Tucked back in a nice little corner, not much traffic, able to read blogs without worrying who can see...

I thought I had scored until I worked a full day in this new location. While all of the above perks are true, there are a couple of drawbacks. And while there are only two that I'm aware of so far, they are enough to make me a little crazy.

1. I now sit diagonal from one of the weirdest human beings ever created. He makes crazy noises and facial expressions in the middle of normal conversation, sings to himself, and 'drums' all over his desk.

Classic example: This morning I hear him sit down in his chair and then proceed to talk gibberish...out loud. "Blah, bloo, bleh, blagh, ba, ba, boo" WTF?! Who is this guy?

2. I now sit "near" the new temp who may be the loudest talker ever. Believe me, "near" is close enough.

Today was the beginning of her second week at work and she's already taking personal calls and giving people attitude about her computer issues. She should still be scared!! I was scared for the first 5 months I worked here!

Plus she has a man voice. I'm just sayin'.

2 comments:

d.r. gib said...

"WTF"? Is it really that bad?

stephanielynn said...

I'm not sure if you still worked here when he did...but he's fighting for the "Oddest Person I've Ever Met" award.