Thursday, February 22, 2007

Doctor, doctor, give me the news. I've got a bad case of ____.

You tell me. Three days, three sets of symptoms.

Tuesday: A little something I refer to as "Rock in the Stomach". Not a sharp pain, but more of a dull, constant pain that I can only describe as a giant rock in my stomach.
Self Diagnosis: Ulcer. I looked up "ulcer symptoms" on webmd.com and maybe thought I had an ulcer for about 24 hours.

Wednesday:During a meeting yesterday afternoon I felt like I was very near passing out. (It's true that I've never actually passed out, but it was what I imagine it would feel like.) There was sweating, shaky hands, and slight nausea. Ice water helped and after my meeting I proceeded to eat for an hour straight (crackers, cookies, more crackers). I had a headache for the rest of the night.
Self Diagnosis: Low blood sugar

Thursday:Headache followed by nausea and dizziness to the point that I thought I may need to pull over on my way home and puke. I even passed up an offer for a Dairy Queen Blizzard. You know it's bad when I don't feel like a Blizzard!
Self Diagnosis: Brain tumor? Ok, I have no clue.

Clearly I am no doctor. I can't diagnose myself, but maybe you can.

Doctor, doctor, give me the news.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Sorry Steph. I know I am the hypo, but I have no clue. My diagnosis for the first set of symptomms: Appendix (Was the pain concentrated in your right side?)
Second: I might have said the same thing, low blood sugar. I have a headache for the rest of the night if I don't eat and get the shakes. The headache has come, it won't go away. Third: Seems like a continuation of the second. Maybe you should have your blood tested for diabetes, or hypoglycemia. Or, maybe you are coming down with the flu, or maybe you have appendicitus. If it continutes, I would go to doctor. When my appendix caused havoc on my body, the doctors had no clue, I did start puking though. If it is persistent please go to your doctor!

stephanielynn said...

LOL...Thanks for all of the suggestions, Dr. Howard. No, the pain was not on my right side on Day 1. It was directly in the middle, above my belly button, but felt different than the crazy heartburn from the other day.

I really thought I was going to puke last night. I even slept with the trash can by my bed, but didn't end up needing it.

Matthew said...

You have worms...and should see a doctor ASAP.