Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wednesday

Wednesday's usually get the best of me, but today was the exception. Every week it's a battle and today I was victorious!

To top off the decent work day, we had a little Girls Night Out of sorts. I met Lindsay and Pamela at the movie theater where we proceeded to watch the most enjoyable chick flick I've seen in a long time: The Proposal. It was totally predictable and I loved every minute of it.

And can I just say that I love Ryan Reynolds. Adorable.

After the movie we decided to eat across the street. Our server approached us in a very server-like manner but must have seen something he liked in us because he quickly started chatting us up like we were besties. I maybe developed a little crush on our server-friend, but unfortunately I don't think he was into girls.

Dinner highlights:
-Singing Boyz II Men with the muzak (with a hand microphone and all)
-The waiter catching me singing and acknowledging it
-Raising the roof for Lindsay officially getting her job back. I usually don't condone raising the roof, but for this special occasion I rocked it one-handed.
-Pamela laughing so hard she cried
-Getting fake-shushed by another server for having too much fun

Wednesday, I think I'm warming up to you. We'll give it another go next week.

4 comments:

Miss C said...

I saw The Proposal with my sister...so freaking cute! I'm not one for chick flicks either, but I laughed through the whole thing. My favorite line was when Ryan Reynolds was waiting for her to cautiously climb down the ladder in her heals onto the dock and he says, "and now I'm a hundred years old." I about fell out of my chair.

Αναστασία said...

My friend Emily told me that one of her friends hates Wednesdays too (and he called it "Hump Day", which I have mixed feelings about, but whatever), and in attempt to "get over" that, he started writing what he calls "Hump Day Haikus" and distributing them via email.
I've started writing them too. Just thought I'd clue you in, in case the mood ever strikes you ;)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...we'd all enjoy Wednesdays a little more if they were "hump days."

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to see it!! we're seeing it this friday!! i need my ryan fix. :) lol!!

i want to see the new movie with katerhine heigl. totally predictable as well but i just know i will love it and laugh. :)