Saturday, June 20, 2009

525,600 Minutes


Last night I saw RENT at the Paramount Theatre downtown. I've been looking forward to it for weeks and spent the last few days preparing by listening to the soundtrack. For some reason a lot of the songs remind me of cleaning the house - weird.

Anyway, heading to the theater is not a bad way to spend a Friday night. Good friends, good people-watching (there may have been a drag queen or two), lots of singing and dancing (on our part, separate from the show), and all-in-all a good time.

Although, I'm still unsure of how I felt about the show itself. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't my favorite. And I kind of felt like I was at a concert - when certain characters would come on stage or the first note of certain songs were played, the crowd went crazy like the audience was filled with 15 year olds and the Jonas Brothers had just stepped on stage.

Now the countdown begins for WICKED in September!

No comments: