Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Prego...Who Knew?

I went shopping with my sister-in-law on Saturday and decided to pick up an extra swimsuit for Hawaii (which, by the way, is in 4 days!). I opted for a one-piece and there was a fairly cute black one on the rack. I picked a size, tried it on and it was a little too small (shocker). So in true Stephanie shopping fashion, I went to the rack to pick up a bigger size and be on my way without trying it on again. I couldn't find my size on the original rack, but Amanda found one on the rack behind me. Brilliant.

I tried it on last night and was surprised to find that it was too big. Much bigger than I would have expected knowing how the other one fit. Lindsay said she could work her magic on it and I had no objections. After a few minutes she called me into the room and directed my attention to the tag. There, in very large letters, it read, "Maternity". It all made sense.

I guess I could be mistaken for five months preggers, so Lindsay did a snip-snip here and a snip-snip there and we're in business!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl, i was looking at the booty on that thing and i thought "i don't think she will fit this." i can't believe it was maternity!!! what!! i was thinking you could have used like 5 sizes smaller.

but lindsay fixed it? so does it look good?

stephanielynn said...

Lindsay did some serious modifications to the butt. It's still loose on the stomach and a tiny bit on the top, but it's a halter so I just tied it really tight. I don't know if I would say it looks "good", but it looks ok:)

Anonymous said...

hahaha! i still can't believe that!! next time, we'll make sure it's NOT maternity!! haha! well good thing you DIDN'T fit it! :)that would suck if it felt real good and later you realized. :)

stephanielynn said...

Good point! It would've been crappy if I put it on and thought, "Oooh, this fits perfect!"