Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Little Hope

One of my co-workers was wounded in the Trolley Square shootings on February 12th and left paralyzed from the waist down. After spending two months recovering in the hospital, he was able to return home yesterday.

We are living in a scary world and are told things are going to get worse. But every time I read an article about how the community rallied around Stacy and helped renovate his home, I get a little emotional. Like he said in the article above, there are still good people in the world and that gives me a little hope.

You can see the video of his homecoming here and here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am still so shocked by the incident. and now with Virgina Tech!! bringing stacey home is such a great act of kindness. it makes me want to be a better person. help others.

i wish the news caster would have just been quiet. he seemed to be rushing it, just let them enjoy their new house ya know?