Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Is There a Handbook?

What are you supposed to feel when someone you thought, at one point in time, you would marry tells you he's engaged?

Are you supposed to feel hurt, sad, happy...? Life really needs to come with instructions.

Other than a little bit shocked, I didn't feel much. I knew it was going to happen. Somehow, I knew she was it. I just didn't think it would be this soon (since they've been dating for maybe two months).

I'm surprised by my reaction, but I think it's a good thing. A friend said, "I feel for you. I don't know what I feel for you, but I feel something".

I'm kind of thinking the same thing...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you cry? i have done the same thing. people have broken up with me and i felt sad and tried to force tears, but nothing. also, i have found out that someone i had a long term relationship was getting married, i was shocked. kind of like "what?!" but happy it wasn't me. it was a mix emotion. like he use to be yours, but now he's someone else's. and why not you? is it you? or is he just in a hurry, he's getting old. but i'm happy for them, but why now? it's the weirdest feeling in the world. it will pass though. and when you do find someone to be with for all time and eternity, you think "why did i even care about that fool in the first place?" this is REAL love. :)

stephanielynn said...

Nope. No tears. I don't feel sad...I don't really feel much.

I think it's just an interesting situation that probably a lot of people go through. It's just strange!!