Friday, September 04, 2009

Jam Tomorrow, Jam Yesterday

I love weekends in general, but I particularly love four day weekends. Having today off was delightful. I slept in, got an oil change (only 6 months over due), grocery shopped, watched tennis and made jam.

My first, and only other, attempt at jam was a couple years ago in SLC with Lindsay and a girl in our ward. It turned out great, but it was something that seemed too difficult to attempt on my own. A few days ago Lindsay came home proclaiming that Friday was the day for jam.

And so it was.

So we headed to Costco and bought some supplies.
This time around we went with freezer jam, which is apparently the "cake from a box" of the jam world. I'm not above taking shortcuts so it was fine by me.
It only took an hour or two and resulted in jars of jam that look delicious.
I'll be able to tell you how it tastes in 24 hours.

2 comments:

Kitty said...

Looks deeelish!! I love freezer jam!

Anonymous said...

impressive!! great little neighbor/co workers/visiting teaching christmas gifts. :)