Sunday, July 07, 2013

late night.

I was just telling someone today that if, in the late hours of the night, you resolve to do something, you should always wait until morning. Always sleep on it. Never hit send. Don't trust a decision made while your brain continues to race when you should be sleeping.

But tonight I've been using the quiet of the late hours to reflect and make note of the thoughts as they come. While jotting some of those thoughts down in my phone, I came across a quote I must have noted while reading a book:

"...there is more heartbreak in continuous disappointment than a void..."

First of all, of course I'm jotting down sad quotes from chick lit. Of course.

Second, true or not true? Right now, it feels pretty true.


I known I just said, "Never hit send". But I also know that during those quiet moments of reflection earlier I typed in my phone, "Write it down".

1 comment:

Annie said...

I believe true...I know it's true.