Sunday, February 05, 2012

glitter girl

Last night Stacey had a show at the Skylark and invited me along to sing a handful of songs. The Skylark is a dingy, old bar in West Seattle, but I kind of love it. Maybe I have a special place in my heart for it because it was the first place I was brave enough to get on stage and sing. Maybe it's because the sound is more legit than anywhere else we play. Who knows.

Here's a very short recap of the evening in photos.

1. I had trouble deciding what to wear. I'm in hate with all of my clothes at the moment. But after finally picking an outfit, I went to the bathroom to fix my hair and found that I kind of liked what was going on. I got my hair cut in December (after looking at this photo for too long) and have hated it ever since, but something about last night just felt right. So I self-portraited it.
PS - I really need new glasses.

2. We've played at this bar a few times, but last night was the first night they let us use the "artist's room" which I guess is the equivalent of Green Room in TV land. It was interesting, to say the least. Dark, full of old mirrors and leopard print furniture and they even provided a couple products we might need prior to going on stage:
  • Mary Kay moisturizer. You know, in case your face is dry.
  • Glitter Girl. Because a girl needs to glitter on stage.
I'm so grossed out by this. And the Glitter Girl is almost gone. Ew.

3. Steph & Stace on stage.
All in all, a good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i never liked glitter, even when it was "popular".

it is totally making me sick thinking of all the people touching and using that glitter girl, crap. ugh...