Tuesday, December 20, 2011

are you ready for some football?

I have a list of things I should be doing right now, including working, packing, cleaning, Christmas gifting, etc. But instead I'm going to be irresponsible and blog about insignificant things.

Three cheers for irresponsibility!

Here's the deal: I've been (sort of) into the NFL this season. My team at work has a pick 'em league which entails choosing one team we think will win each week, while not choosing any team twice throughout the season. I consult with TN every week via gchat and we make our pick. I was tied with two others for first place until last week when the Giants failed me.

Regardless, it's made me pay attention to the NFL. So that made it all the more exciting when I got the chance to go to my first ever (and second) NFL game in Seattle. The Seahawks had two weeknight games this year and I was lucky enough to go to both.

And the most brilliant part (aside from not having to pay for any of it)? They actually won both of them! I like to think it's because I'm such a great spectator.

Game One: Hawks vs. Eagles
We were only a few rows up at the 30 yard line (and in the middle of all the Eagles fans). It was also very cold, but I got a hot dog so I'm counting it as a win.




Game Two: Hawks vs. Rams
If the first game was cold, this game might as well have been played at the North Pole. SO COLD. This was also an important game because I had picked the Seahawks that week for Pick 'Em. They didn't let me down.


Two NFL games in 10 days is enough to tide me over for a while, but it sure was fun.

No comments: