Thursday, February 24, 2011

think. think. think.

I've been waiting to post until I can adequately summarize my trip, but I realized tonight that if I continued to do so, I would never blog again. So, there's that.
  • Coming back from tropical lands to lower-than-normal temperatures + snow is a mean trick.
  • But whatever, I'm tan.
  • Seattle is turning me into one of those people that freaks out at even the threat of snow. Look Seattle, I'm from Michigan which automatically makes me tougher than you. I just never want to get stuck on a bus for three hours again.
  • Speaking of the bus, I have been struggling to ride it in 2011. In fact, I take the bus so rarely that this afternoon I stood at my normal stop for 15 minutes before I noticed the sign that said my route no longer picks up there. And it hasn't since 2/5.
  • The bathroom at my office is at least 30 degrees colder than the rest of the floor. Unnecessary.
  • Last night I had a work outing that may or may not have involved fake eyelashes. I'm not mad about it.
  • It always takes me several days to fold and put away my clean laundry. But until that day comes, I dump it all out on the floor every morning to find the one thing I want and then toss it all back in the basket.
  • I've been having bad dreams lately.
  • I spent 7 days on a boat and didn't get sick, but I spent 20 minutes reading on the bus this morning and thought I might have to puke in my purse.
  • I learned to play the Doogie Howser theme song on the piano the other night.
  • My hair is long and I kind of love it.
  • I had to go to the grocery store tonight, which is in the running for my least favorite thing to do. But it was for a good cause.
  • As I was picking lemons to buy I realized that I find perfectly round lemons untrustworthy and avoided them. However, my aunt later informed me on FB that if they are round and have a thin skin they are the juiciest. I'm still suspicious of them.
  • I would like to snap my fingers and magically have my taxes completed.
  • Yesterday I locked myself out of my computer three times. Today the IT lady said, "You know, you were a real pain in the a%$ yesterday." She wasn't lying.
  • Tomorrow is Friday. Why do short weeks always feel the longest?

No comments: