Tuesday, March 13, 2012

february.

Two people in the last two days have told me in one form or another that I need to blog more. Here's a recap of February. Based almost exclusively on photos from my phone.

  • I had a rough day. Or two. And it maybe involved fairly uncontrollable weeping for an hour of church. Embarrassing? Yes. But the next day I came home to these beauties with a very kind note. People are good.
  •  When the sun shines in Seattle, there is nothing better. And on a Saturday? The best. We took advantage by having lunch with a view.
  •  After lunch we made our way to the new visitor center of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Our very own CK did the design and it was so, so amazing. I know some talented people.
  •  I won an award at work. I mean, it was a little bit by default, but who's keeping track? The "trophy" for this award is a jumbo blow up whale (for "A Whale of an Idea"...clever) and it's hard to coexist with this thing in cubicle land.
  •  I started reading East of Eden. It's dramatic. And sad. And really great. I'm on page 470 of 601 and it feels as though I'll never finish.
  •  I got last minute (free!) tickets to Wilco. It was a really good show and fun to be able to let a Wilco-loving friend reap the benefits of my job perks.
  •  Valentine's Day. My roommate went all out decorating for a party she threw (amazing, as usual) and then a few of us, including these ladies below, ventured off to another party. It was a good day, which is not always the case on the ol' V.Day.
  •  Pickwick at The Neptune. Loved these guys and their surprising amount of soul.
  •  Beauty & the Beast! This Belle's version of Home wasn't my favorite, but overall just as enjoyable as I'd imagined.
  •  Susan had a birthday! So, I threw her a party complete with streamers, party hats and kazoos. You know, everything you'd expect for a 28 year old's birthday party. I also made all the treats, including a carrot cake from scratch. I was pretty proud of myself.

  •  When CK asked me if I wanted to go see the Harlem Globetrotters my answer was obviously yes. A fun night complete with a Diet Coke and stadium nachos.
  • Somewhere along the way I started taking photos of my beverages. Pictured below are a Friday afternoon meeting and [insert any given day of the week].

  •  iFly! I was terrified. Terrified to the point where the guy had to grab me and literally toss me into the wind tunnel. Once I was in, I LOVED it.

So, that's what you've all been missing.
Thrilling stuff, I know.

5 comments:

Janna said...

what a great month!

Jill Clark said...

I'm glad someone told you to blog more - I always enjoy reading your blog and feel like we are still friends when you do.

Life looks wonderful in Seattle - but you should visit SLC and fit me in your schedule. :)

Kitty said...

Love it!! So glad you are back. Always fun to see what is going on in your life.

Anonymous said...

brian would have loved that concert. :)

Sarah said...

i love your blog, and you should post more often!