Saturday, October 22, 2011

the sunset's just my lightbulb burning out.

I had a date with Ryan Adams last night.
Well, it was Ryan, me and 2,499 other people.
It was a bit of a crowd, but I think we really hit it off.

Things started off right when he opened with my favorite song.
(Unfortunately, it was sans Emmylou Harris.)


And obviously I fell in love with him.
He was singing me beautiful songs (with harmonica!) and he was funny. Like really funny.
Clearly I had no choice but to fall in love with him.

As I was realizing this, CC and I had the following conversation:
Me: I'm falling in love right now.
CC: Duh.
Me: That Mandy Moore sure is lucky.
CC: She got one of the last good ones.
Me:...one of the last sad, sad, drug addict* good ones.
CC: It's fine.


I can't say enough good things about this show and I'm trying not to make a massive list of all the funny things he said that won't be funny to you because you weren't there, but I have to write down a couple:

He began the second song of the set and some people had come in late and were still finding their seats in the second row when he stopped the song and said in a mock whisper, "Where have you been? We've been worried SICK."

After taking a moment between songs to re-situate himself, he said, somewhat under his breath, "Alright, here are more songs about my feelings".

It should be noted that I'm showing restraint right now in not posting more. You're welcome.

Long story short, I was into it. Not a bad way to spend a Friday night.

*For the record, we think he's clean.

No comments: