Sunday, March 13, 2011

conversation of the (thurs)day.

gChatting at work.

Me: I'll have to tell you how it went later. So many meetings.
SS: I'll call you when I get back to ATL...I land at midnight.
Me: Ok.
SS: booty call!!
Me: hey-o!

[And at this precise moment a co-worker walks up to my desk. I close the IM window while we're talking but this pops up on my screen just as she's about to walk away.]

SS: I wouldn't mind a more physical booty call.

I read it and start to laugh and the following conversation takes place:
Me: Oh, just ignore that. He's not talking about with me.
CW: Wow. Booty call. I'm shocked.
[Another co-worker overhears and yells]
CW2: Who's getting a booty call? Steph?

Wow, everyone. Just wow.

Let this be a lesson to you:
Don't believe everything you read.
Or sign out of IM when someone is at your desk.
Either way.

No comments: