Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Brandi Day

Brandi Carlile's new album, Give Up the Ghost, came out today. You should buy it.

No, seriously. It's insanely good.

There's only one song on it that I'm even tempted to skip (but I don't) and according to Cara all you need is a repeat button and a box of tissues and you're golden.

I was at Easy Street Records picking up a copy tonight after work when I ran into a friend who lives in the neighborhood. She asked me what I was doing, I explained that it was Brandi Day and she said, "Wait, haven't you been listening to a bootlegged copy for the last week?". She was correct, but of course I still needed to have the real deal.

I hopped on iTunes tonight to download Greg Laswell's new EP, Covers, (because Easy Street failed me and didn't have it) and noticed that Brandi's album was in the #1 spot!


Did I mention that I think you should buy it? Because you should.

2 comments:

Kenn N said...

Is this like Rex Manning Day?

stephanielynn said...

Ha! Kind of...except she wasn't actually at the record store.

Damn the man! Save the Empire!